Descriptive details for the taking in of Bangle repairs:
· The Hallmark - or describe any stamp/punch marks. Note any detail inside such as gold plated, 10 microns etc. The colour of the metal.
· The design - Is it plain, diamond cut, on half only? Stone set? If so what stones and how many? See Gemstone Guide.
· Solid - Hollow or plastic filled?
· Style - Hinged, expanding, slave or torque?
· The shape - In cross section i.e. square, round, oval “D”shaped or rectangular?
· Any security - Such as a safety chain or side lock.
· The finish - Such as lacquer or enamel.
Again if difficult to describe a sketch is fine!
Check Note and test where necessary, advise customers and record on receipt.
· The condition - Are there any dents, scratches? Is it split, crushed or misshapen?
· The Clasp - Is it working correctly?
· Breaks or damage - Note the position relative to a fixed point i.e. the hallmark or a permanent clasp(Not the padlock)
· Locks - Check working correctly
· Hinges - If any, are they worn?
· Stone set - Is the setting satisfactory, no stones loose, any stones chipped or damaged in any other way?
· Lacquered - Is it chipped or peeling?