Descriptive details for the taking in of Cufflink repairs:
· The Hallmark - or describe any stamp/punch marks and the colour of the metal.
· Single or a pair – It is always preferable to take in the pair in case any matching is required, also to clean and polish the pair to match.
· The design – Engraved, ½ engraved or stone set.
· The type – Bar or chain fittings?
· Features – The design, describe the general appearance. Are they enameled or lacquered?
· Personal engraving – Note the wording and style.
Check Note and test where necessary, advise customers and record on receipt.
· The condition – Are the chains worn, are the fittings and swivels working correctly?
· Stone set – Are there any stones present? If so, are they in good order? See Gemstone Guide.
· The Plates - Are they twisted, damaged or scratched?