Descriptive details for the taking in of Tie Jewellery repairs:
· The Hallmark - or describe any stamp/punch marks and the color of the metal,
· The type - Slide, clip, tack or a stick pin,
· The safety chain, caps and retainers – Note if it has them and if they are precious metal or plated (even though the item may be gold, silver etc sometimes the fittings are not).
· The design – Satin finish, plain, diamond cut, oxidized(Silver) etc.
· Features – The design, describe the general appearance. Are they enameled or lacquered?
· Stone set – Are all stones present and in good order? Note the colour and number. See Gemstone Guide.· Previous engraving – Note any wording and style.
· The proportions – Measure width and height.
· Difficult to describe – A small sketch again is fine.
Check Note and test where necessary, advise customers and record on receipt.
· The condition - Note any damage, distortion or wear.
· Safety devices - Are they working correcetly?